Warning: You will be craving sweets after reading this article! ⚠️
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, but the busiest, too! Keeping up with life’s usual demands on top of shopping, wrapping, cooking and more can be a lot. There’s the many parties, too… which means you’re also baking to take something to those parties.
If you’re crunched for time, we’ve curated four festive recipes that require zero bake time and minimal prep.
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
These no-bake cookies aren’t only delicious for dessert, but hey, it’s the holidays…they are great to dunk in your morning coffee, too! To make these cookies, you only need a pot and a stove. It’s likely that you already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen, too.
Featuring chocolate, peanut butter and oatmeal, your cookie platter will always be empty by the end of the party!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups dry quick-cooking oats
- Add the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, milk, cocoa and salt into a 4-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil and hold for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter into the hot mixture and stir until melted.
- Add in vanilla.
- Mix in the dry oats until they are completely coated.
- Drop cookies by tablespoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Let cool until set.
If you want to bring a treat that will for sure not be a repeat at the party, try these Oreo Truffles. It pretty much takes some crushing, mixing, melting and dunking! Plus, you only need three ingredients!
- 1 package Oreo cookies (twist cookies to split in half, use the cookie with the cream center on it)
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 pack of white chocolate “candy-making” bark (you can find this at Kroger or your local grocery store)
- Finely crush 7 cookies in a food processor or place them in a Ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. Reserve for later.
- Crush the remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese, completely mixing together.
- Roll the mixture into small one inch balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. You can also use holiday cookie cutters to make the mixture into a shape.
- Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into the chocolate, let extra drip off and set on wax paper to dry.
- Sprinkle the tops with the 7 crushed cookies for decoration. (You can add sprinkles, too!)
- Let sit and dry. Then refrigerate until serving!
Candy Cane Bark
Candy Cane Bark isn’t only a hit at holiday parties, it also makes great gifts. This dessert only takes about 10 minutes to make. You can then place it in festive baggies to gift to co-workers, neighbors and friends.
- 8oz. white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup candy cane pieces
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the white chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of the vegetable oil to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat at 50% power for 60 seconds then stir well. Continue to heat at 50% power for 20-second intervals, stirring after each heating until the chocolate is fully melted. (You can also choose to melt in a saucepan instead of microwaving.)
- Stir in the peppermint extract then spread evenly in a thin rectangle on the prepared parchment paper.
- In a different microwave-safe bowl, add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Heat at 50% power for one minute then stir well. Continue to heat at 50% power for 20-second intervals, stirring after each heating, until completely melted. (You can also choose to melt in a saucepan instead of microwaving.)
- Pour the semi-sweet chocolate over the white chocolate and use an offset spatula to spread evenly to cover.
- Immediately sprinkle with the candy cane pieces.
- Freeze or refrigerate until completely hardened, about 20 minutes.
- Once hardened, break into pieces as big or as small as you’d like.
Thin Mint Puppy Chow
Puppy Chow is already a crowd-pleaser, so adding a “thin mint” touch to the popular treat mix will only bring more joy! Put this puppy chow in a few bowls to place on tables at the party for a sweet, minty snack to munch on.
- 16oz chocolate chips
- 3.5oz mint chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 10 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 bag (8oz) Mint M&M candies
- Melt the chocolate chips and mint chocolate chips together for one minute in the microwave, stir and continue melting in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is smooth. (Will likely take around two minutes.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Rice Chex cereal with the melted chocolate. Fold the chocolate with a large wooden spoon until all of the cereal is coated.
- In a large, gallon sized Ziploc bag, add powdered sugar. Spoon in chocolate cereal mixture. Seal bag and shake until powdered sugar is coating all the cereal completely.
- Pour onto a large piece of wax paper and allow chocolate to set (about 20 minutes). Combine Mint M&Ms with your powdery, chocolatey cereal mix and store in an airtight container until you serve!