On the 5th day of Selling my true love gave to me…a buyer who paid more to get the key 🎶
Okay, maybe our caroling isn’t very great, but the holidays are a great time to list your house. We’ve made a list (not of who’s been naughty or nice) but of 12 reasons why you should list this holiday season.
- There is less competition for you as a seller (this means you may even receive more money for your house!).
- Winter prospects are more serious buyers and they are ready to buy now.
- Your home looks prettier (and jollier) during the holidays.
- The ratio for “Listings Sold” to “Listings Taken” is at a higher percentage during this time of year.
- Throughout the holiday season you can restrict showings during your personal family events. You remain in control of your schedule!
- Relocation buyers are out shopping because companies continue to hire throughout the holidays and relocating employees will need to find a home as soon as possible.
- Buyers have more time to look at homes during holidays, especially during vacations.
- January is traditionally the biggest transfer month – and you must be on the market to capture that market.
- Almost every buyer starts house hunting online. Even if they are scanning home sites over a cup of hot cocoa, it’s important your home is listed and findable.
- By selling now, you can have a delayed closing or extended occupancy until the beginning of the year, if you want it.
- When you sell during the winter, you have an opportunity to buy during the spring, when many homes (and more options for you!) are on the market.
- You may have fewer actual showings, but more qualified and motivated prospects.