There’s a reason the Pumpkin Spice Latte gets all of the buzz… not because it’s basic, but because it’s delicious. You don’t even have to go to Starbucks for this fall treat, you can stay cozy right at home with this simple recipe.
There’s nothing like enjoying a Pumpkin Spice latte on a crisp fall morning. It’s even tastier when it can be shared with a loved one in the comfort of your home. After reading this recipe, you’ll be surprised how easy (and cheap) it is to make one of fall’s favorite drinks right in your own kitchen.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 to 3 tablespoons sugar, depending on how sweet you like it
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup strong hot coffee
- Whipped cream, for serving
Add milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until hot, but do not boil. You may want to start brewing the coffee as you are heating this mixture.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and the coffee.
Divide the mixture between two mugs.
Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
It’s that simple! Enjoy your PSL!